It is a frequently question that I receive from time to time: “I’ve lost my password, how can I change the AdminServer Password in WebLogic Server?” In addition, normally administrators want to change the WLS password regularly, because of the security policy. I try to make it easy, but please try it first in a test environment! Make a Backup from your domain and do the following steps for WebLogic Server 11g and/or 12c:
1- Check your Middleware-Home’s ($MW_HOME) and WLS-Domain-Home’s ($DOMAIN_HOME) paths. You can set up the environments under Linux with export command, e.g.:
2- shut down the WebLogic domain, e.g. $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/stopWebLogic.sh
3- Rename the data folder in $DOMAIN_HOME/servers/AdminServer/data
4- set the environment variables with using, e.g.: $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/setDomainEnv.sh
### Now is the main command that you can change AdminServer’s password:
$> cd $DOMAIN_HOME/security
$> java weblogic.security.utils.AdminAccount <username> <NEWpassword> .
# Create and/or update “boot.properties” in „$DOMAIN_HOME/servers/AdminServer/security/ directory with your username and NEWpassword:
# Start the WebLogic domain.
- How to Change the WebLogic Server Administrator Password [ID 1082299.1]
- How to Reset Oracle VM Manager Weblogic Administrator Password (Doc ID 1579140.1)
- How to Change Superadmin User Password for Agile PLM Running on Weblogic (Doc ID 1552408.1)
- 12c Cloud Control: Steps for Modifying the Password for Weblogic and Nodemanager User Accounts in the Enterprise Manager Installation (Doc ID 1450798.1)
- WCC 184.108.40.206 – Problem Resetting the Weblogic User Password (Doc ID 1589360.1)